As well as the traditional, bright green, bushy Norway spruce with its lovely Christmassy scent we have non-drop varieties such as Frasers, Nobles and Nordmans now available. The Fraser fir is not dissimilar in shape to the Norway spruce, but does not drop its needles quickly. It has a narrower base, making it ideal for smaller, tighter spaces. It also has a delicious balsam scent. The Noble fir with its grey-green needles and the Nordman fir with its glossy green foliage have tiered open branches which are ideal for hanging larger decorations on.
|Size Ft – Cm||Norway||Frazer||Nordman||Noble|
|5′ – 150/180||£17.00||£35.00||£35.00||–|
|6′ – 180/210||£19.00||£40.00||£40.00||£45.00|
|7′ – 210/240||£26.00||£50.00||£50.00||£55.00|
|8′ – 240/270||£40.00||–||£70.00||–|
How to make your real Christmas tree last…
• Keep it outside or in a cool place for as long as possible before moving it inside.
• When you’re ready to decorate it, chop a couple of centimetres off the stump and put it in water straight away.
• If your tree came home netted, remove the netting the day before decorating to allow the branches to relax into position.
• Water your tree every day – they drink lots – and try to position your tree away from radiators, open fires and sunny windows. Christmas trees don’t like heat!
• Always turn your Christmas tree lights off before watering and going to bed.